Asia Sullivan, a certified physician associate specializing in LGBTQ+ primary care takes a “whole-person” approach to recognize the interplay of one’s physical body, emotional wellbeing, environment, and psychosocial support systems. She shares with us her knowledge and passion behind preventative medicine and sexual health and how she helps patients be free to be themselves.
Discussions on today’s show:
- Asia’s background credentials in becoming a PA
- The clinic where she works and what drew her to specialize in marginalized groups of health care
- The stigma and the statistics behind HIV – and how heterosexuals should be just as cautious of the risk of contracting the disease
- The healthcare system in the United States, its costs, and the difference between private and public healthcare
- Scare tactics in the medical industry and why they do not work
- New and revolutionary for preventative HIV care
- Gender care
You can reach Asia and learn more through her content @coutureinclinic on all social
Follow along @trustandbelievepod on Instagram for all of the latest updates!