LZ Granderson is an Emmy Award-winning journalist and op-ed columnist for the Los Angeles Times. After meeting at a wedding, Shaun and LZ hit it off right away. In an inspiring interview, LZ shares with us his pathway to success and living through moments of discrimination as a gay man, realizing god doesn’t give you anything too cant handle in life, and his podcast, “Life Out Loud with LZ Granderson”.
Discussed on the show:
- LZ’s life trauma including being shot at, mugged at knife point and even at his darkest, trying to take his own life.
- His closeted life in New York and living through the HIV AIDS pandemic.
- Working in the sports industry and being told he could not get a job simply because he was gay.
- Fighting through imposter syndrome when you may not feel you belong.
- Listen to season two of “Life Out Loud with LZ Granderson” now wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes post Thursdays.
Follow along @trustandbelievepod on Instagram for all of the latest updates!